My favourite way of spending a Sunday evening would always be this.
Sitting out in a quiet corner, enjoying the evening breeze, watching the birds chirp and the squirrels run around, and finding bliss in the sunset. The mind is purely in the play mode, no rewind, no fast forward, and I’m compelled to breathe in the beauty of each moment.
The anxiety about the future forgotten, I’m just finding solace in the present.
Trust nature to help us ease out and rediscover ourselves amidst all the chaos, atleast for a little while every now and then.
Since this post is about 10 “things”, I am excluding the five elements and the people I can’t live without. Moving on.
- My cellphone. Plainly for the numbers of the people I need to be in touch with.
- My ear phones. Can’t do without music, and can’t listen to it loud. Just for my ears, my music.
- My wallet. I’d need money if I’m required to survive, right?
- My diary. I’m extremely absent minded and I need to keep a record of everything I’ve done and I am required to do.
- My to-do list for the day. Keep is good, I know, but I’m old school like that. I’d like to cross off things I’ve finished and I get glad each time I do it.
- My bookshelves with the books in them. I lock myself up in my room most of the time I’m home so my books give me the company I yearn for.
- My PC. For all the data I’ve stored in it and, for watching them, the movies.
- Harry Potter. I know I’ve included books above, in my list, but, Harry Potter occupies a significant position in my life. I couldn’t have done without it.
- My watch. It ain’t expensive and all, but I can’t not wear it. It’s an important, inseparable possession by habit.
- My WordPress account – app included. I know it sounds cheesy but over the past 2 years I’ve gotten attached to blogging and I now can’t imagine my life without it.
That’s about it, for now…
My childhood has always got to do with books – buying them, reading them, hoarding them. That’s how pretty much my life has always been. Even the tiniest nuances of my life will have a lifetime of memories about books etched in them. But lemme tell you how it all began – my love for books.
Diwali is a festival of lights. And crackers. And, crackers scare the daylights out of me. All the time. I discovered this at a very young age of 3. So, my dad, from then on, decided there’d be no crackers in the house. So for each Diwali, since then, my dad would take us (me and my sister) out, to buy books for the amount that’d have been set apart for the crackers. We’d both happily choose the books we wanted to read, get them gift wrapped and on Diwali, open them and begin reading them. Thus, it became a customary ritual which I’d look forward to, happily and eagerly, each Diwali.
I found this list of 100 topics on lifestyle blogging yesterday and was intrigued and write about a few of the posts I’d found interesting on the list.
So here goes.
10 things you probably don’t know about me 😉
- I am extremely absent minded. There are times so crazy that I sometimes feel I always need to have someone around me guiding me.
- I am extremely short tempered and volatile and fly off the handle at the drop of a hat, but I subside within 30 seconds. So the count 1-30 trick actually works for me.
- I am extremely expressive. All the time, with all my emotions.
- A continuation to the above factor. All my expressions are clearly always visible on my face. That makes me extremely vulnerable.
- I have a very minor OCD. I can’t help but organise and put things back in their place. The extreme form occurs very rarely but when it does I go haywire.
- I am extremely nitpicky and super clumsy. Great combination eh? 😛
- I hoard books like crazy.
- I hate ice creams. I know I’m weird.
- I am a scatterbrain. I have like a thousand thoughts running in my mind each hour and I get extremely restless if I don’t keep myself engaged all the time.
- And oh, I’m a gold medalist in my branch of engineering. Electronics and Instrumentation. (It’s good to show off once in a while, ain’t it? 😉 )
Hey everyone! I invite all of you reading this to join me in this challenge and tag me too, so I can read yours! Share the love 💝