Although I’d love to make this post poetic with verses and quotes about new hope and sunshine, I’d rather list down my resolutions for the year, so I’d be able to keep track if I’m lost.
So, my resolutions for the year would be these, listed in no particular order.
- To say “No”, and to say it with conviction.
- To stay silent when there’s nothing to contribute and not blabber nonsense.
- To learn proper cooking using the convection. And baking.
- To not explain myself to everyone every single time.
- To continue to do what makes me happy even if it makes me look weird.
- To figure out where I really want to reach. In life. To figure out what I want from life. To figure out what I’ve to do to reach where I want to. Might sound philosophical, but there’s just too much chaos and confusion in my brain.
- To learn to organise. Things and spaces and life.
- To learn to speak Gujarati and Punjabi. It’s been on the bucket list for too long and I’ve been too lazy. Time to get to work.
- To bring back the child in me that wouldn’t think too much about anything, but would just follow what her heart says. Back then I apparently didn’t have the authority to decide, but now that I believe I do, I have to stop worrying and start living.
That’s about it for now. Watch this space as I add more.
Here’s to a very happy and productive 2017 💕
P.S. The last resolution was triggered by a conversation with a supremely versatile, extremely talented, Wikipedia profile school friend (Read Bhargav Narsimhan and google him too. He’s famous, but wouldn’t accept it. Peaks of modesty, I tell you😑).