Something I struggle with.
I struggle with a lot of stuff, but here’s what tops the list.
1. My ego – I have an ego of the size of an elephant and I am fiercely independent. So, naturally, I find it extremely difficult to take the first step or ask for help.
2. Change – I can’t accept change as quickly as the rest of the clan. I find it extremely difficult to come to terms with it in the first place. I do my best to avoid it as much as I can. I like things to be stable. Risks are not my thing.
3. To be able to say No – I can’t say NO to someone on the face, specially if it’s somebody I like. Even if I ought to. So I usually end up committing to something, though I shouldn’t have, and then end up putting myself in misery.
4. To be able to take decisions – I am extremely under-confident, scared and stupid. I just can’t bring myself to decide something and stand by it without losing my mind.
5. My temper – I am supremely volatile as a person and I fly off the handle every second minute. I am very impatient and just can’t wait for things to happen at their own pace.
6. My fixation with explanation – I have this ridiculous habit of explaining myself at each stance to everyone. Literally everyone. To people who matter, to people who don’t. I just can’t let it be. This, more often than not, leads to people asking me more questions than necessary, and I, as a result, land myself in trouble. Again.
P.S. This is Day 8 of my 30 day writing challenge