Pointers I have charted out for myself, to help me move on when I have mucked things up, to help me rise when I fall, to help me keep going when I break down. I’d be more than glad if any of these help you too – That’s another reason why I am sharing them here 🙂
1. You are unique specimen. One of a kind. Carve a niche for yourself than wanting to be another A, B or C. Have an identity and be proud to own it.
2. Be unapologetic about the way you look. Begin to love yourself. Begin to feel confident.
3. You are NOT perfect. You are a camouflage of errors. So before you lose your temper at anybody, think back, and watch your words.
4. Seize every moment. And live it like the way you would have, if no one was watching. Be eccentric.Be weird. Be silly. But, be you. The mask you put on will come off when you’re unguarded.
5. It’s never too late to correct yourself. So do it, the minute you realise you’ve erred. And rectify your errors before it’s too late.
6. Be ashamed. But have enough courage to own up.
7. Stop blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong in the world. You aren’t that important.
8. Understand what you want from life. Understand what’ll make you really happy in the long run. And do something only if it makes YOU happy, not because the entire country is doing it.
9. You aren’t answerable to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Don’t care about what each fly around you buzzes. Put together, it becomes noise, a.k.a. Useless.
10. Talk less. Let your work speak. Don’t talk of the accomplishments you’re going to create, even if you’ve got a plan in place. Let the rewards speak.
11. You become better by the day, you improve every second. So never stop trying. Never go into hiding. The world might lose a masterpiece.
12. You never know what you might end up doing. Or how you might end up being. So NEVER look down upon anybody, anything.
13. Be competitive. Be part of the race. And learn to win it.
14. Voice what you think. Your opinion matters, or, will begin to matter. Learn to make a difference – to you, to the ones around you.
15. You don’t always have to impress someone. Or have a reason for everything you do. Sometimes it’s good to do something just because it makes you happy.
16. Stand on your own two feet. Stop the self pity. Stop expecting sympathy for every mosquito bite you get. Have some self respect, or learn to earn it.
17. Earn your living. Be independent. Be a shoulder for someone to lean on.
18. Dream for the moon. Desire for what’s possible. Desire for what YOU can afford. It’s disgraceful to live in debt, however small.
19. Know where you stand, and work to better yourself to reach where you want. It’s good to get a reality check once in a while. Brings you back to earth, keeps you grounded.
20. Earn what you want. The “Beg, Borrow, steal” trick doesn’t work in life. Gifts, treaties, and trades don’t stay yours for long. Earn it, own it, cherish it. For LIFE.
21. Live every moment like crazy. Live the madness you’ve wanted to be in. Crush the fence you’ve built for yourself and break free. Spare yourself the regret. Smile, Laugh, Guffaw. Enjoy the moment when you are living it. Before it becomes a long lost dream.