So, in my previous blog entry here, My Few Quatrains I had written about my love for Quatrains.
Now I’m writing about my love for Haiku. I was introduced to this awesome masterpiece on twitter – And man, I’m now totally, madly and completely in love with the app. What started off for me as a hobby, as a cure for my restlessness, has now become one of my major go-to sources for recreation, creativity enhancement, and a never disappointing source of joy.
Writing a Haiku is now like therapy for me. I enjoy the jamming, the process of writing and the output. Keeps all my tension at bay, and lets all my happiness stay.
How the HaikuJam app works :
1. Get the app here :
2. Create a profile for yourself.
3. You have 2 options : Jam with the world, Jam with your circles.
4. Begin with Jam with the world until you form circles.
5. Go to the Jam area where an array of topics are displayed. Choose one and start your Haiku. Or you could come up with a topic yourself, and start writing.
6. Once done, hit on publish. Your Haiku will be circulated around for completion.
7. Likewise, you can contribute to others’ Haiku by clicking on Shuffle and choosing between the different Haikus available to add your bit to it.
That’s about it. Sounds cool, right?
I’m not exaggerating, people. This experience on HaikuJam is really worth a try. It’s exhilarating. It’s liberating. It’s AMAZING.
Well, people who love to play with words, and even those who don’t, it’s totally worth a shot. Go NOW and get the app. You can’t miss this. So, start jamming. Go Haiku 😉
P.S. While you are at it, spare a glance at the Haiku I’ve written too. And join the circle. Let’s jam together 😉
My HaikuJam can be traced at